[ Shippeo raises $11,7 million ]
Shippeo, creator of a supply chain visibility platform that enables large companies to track road transport flows in real-time, announced the closing of a $11,7 million (€10.000.000) Series A round led by Partech Ventures and Otium Venture. This new round comes only 18 months after the startup’s first funding round of €2 million, led by Otium Venture.
Shippeo helps leading Supply Chains deliver exceptional customer service. By having instant visibility of every delivery, companies can proactively communicate with end-customers to alert them of any delays or delivery issues. Carriers also benefit from Shippeo since the platform connects to their customers’ transport management systems, which enables automatic data interchange and thus significant productivity gains and improved quality of service.
Founded in 2014, Shippeo tracks more than 40,000 deliveries per month throughout Europe for market-leading customers such as Leroy Merlin, Saint-Gobain, and Faurecia, and connects to more than 600 carriers.
Pierre Khoury, the co-founder and CEO of Shippeo stated: “Real-time Supply Chain visibility has become the central theme for those in the road transport sector looking for optimizations through better data integration from different stakeholders. This new capital increase will allow Shippeo to accelerate its international business development while maintaining strong R&D investments.”
Philippe Collombel, Managing Partner of Partech Ventures, commented: “Shippeo greatly impressed us by the quality and maturity of its technology and the quality of its customers: they work or are in discussion with more than half of the top 120 French manufacturers and retailers. We have never seen such a dynamic in a young company. In addition, all customer feedback is remarkable from every point of view. The management team has the potential to position Shippeo as the leading data interchange platform for road transport in Europe”
The fresh capital will be used to further develop and expand the Shippeo chain visibility platform in Europe. The partnership with Partech Ventures will allow Shippeo to accelerate its development in the following areas:
- Continue Shippeo’s expansion in the French market, after having signed 30 key accounts in the last 18 months,
- Implementation of new interfaces allowing even greater productivity and quality of service gains for all Shippeo users (shippers, 4PLs and carriers),
- Strengthening the team with 40 new hires to support the company’s growth,
- International expansion, including expansion into the German market on the first quarter of 2018.
- Shippeo aims at bringing B2B manufacturing and retail expectations closer to the standards generated by B2C. The digitalization of road freight transport has become one of the main levers to improve quality of service, customer satisfaction and operational excellence for manufacturers and retailers.
|Founder / CEO||Pierre Khoury|
|Previous Investors||Otium Capital|
|Le Studio VC|